RE: Using TR4 rear end on TR3 ?

To: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Using TR4 rear end on TR3 ?
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:55:23 -0800
Pat :

You're right, the rear end is wider.  However, it all bolts up (assuming you
have the TR4 brake cables and lines).  My problem was that the tires would
rub on the fenders, even with stock rims and 165-15 tires.  Some creative
sheetmetal work on the rear fenders help minimize the problem, but I never
did solve it completely.  (This was on a previous 59 TR3A, not my current
daily driver.)

Randall