Re: "It should have been a Parts Car"

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "It should have been a Parts Car"
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 23:47:46 -0000
Gentlemen,
With apologies to New England Triumphs and Bob Lang its newsletter
editor, but may I commend Rick Barnards 'home brewed' (no disrespect)
little book about the restoration of his TR6? I believe Bob serialised
the saga in the club mag within the last year? It's a charming little
story which gave me much pleasure reading and I think it's regretable
that more enthusiasts don't put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard to
write about their work in the RE-BIRTH of a Triumph.
It's all very well for the Piggotts and Robsons (and yes, the Jonmacs)
writing about how things were when the cars were being made - but
no-one seems to have grasped a lot of nettles in a lot of garages and
workrooms about how these cars are given a second life. This has to be
an integral part of product history - and I for one would be delighted
to see a lot more publications like Rick's appearing for our pleasure.
Well done, Rick - and the usual disclaimer about NFI.

Jonmac

IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
THE CROCUS AND A CORNFLOWER http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus