Re: Lock up your cars -- Colorado MG accident

To: "Steven Newell" <steven@cravetechnology.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lock up your cars -- Colorado MG accident
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 14:04:07 -0500
> It seems likely alcohol was involved, and lapbelts were not.
> While it seems like a fluke, make sure your kids' friends
> can't borrow your Triumph. If you have teenage kids,
> maybe it's a good time for a frame off restoration.
>
> --
> Steven Newell

Lets see... how many kids today know how to use a choke?  And failing that
how many know how to drive a manual... most of those ricerockets you see are
automatics that they put in neutral to give the impression that they have a
stick :P

I'm betting that replica TD had a VW or Volvo motor with neither.

A well hidden killswitch will work fine... haven't ever had a problem with
anyone wanting to borrow the TR6, not even when I would drive it and park it
in the HS lot.

Kai