Re: SU's or Weber on a Spit?

To: triumph_driver@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU's or Weber on a Spit?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:50:11 EST
In a message dated 01-03-22 21:53:44 EST, triumph_driver@hotmail.com writes:

<<  I do not
 have a problem keeping the SUs on my TR-4s in shape, so I do not care about
 the extra effort that the SUs would take. >>

Darrell,

I have an early '70 Spit Mk3 1296cc engine with twin SU's and have touched
them probably twice in 2 years for routine mixture & balance setting plus the
usual routine dashpot oil check.

I can't help you with a Weber referral.....I don't know much about Webers on
a Spit - I met a guy last fall at a car show who had a Weber on a 1500 Spit -
he seemed pleased with how it ran but then I really didn't ask many detailed
questions.

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - busy grinding & sanding the body - check
out my progress by visiting
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (soon to shed its winter covers!)