Re: TR-6 Wiring harness

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Wiring harness
From: "Nelson A. Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:59:49 -0500
I am having a little trouble dtermining which wiring harness to use. I have
2 harness that I forgot to label. I want to use the one that is for the
earlier TR-6's because I have older gauges. My question is that one of the
wiring harnesses (rear part) has a 4 male and 4 female connector that goes
to the main harness. And the other one has the same but also has an extra 3
male and 1 female connector. I looked on the wring harness diagrams and
couldn't find the wire colors. The wires are black/u(blue), black/white and
black. Does anyone know what these wire are connected to?

Thanks,

Patrick

---------
Patrick,

The extra wires sound like the ones that were used in '74 & '75 to sense the
seat occupancy and seat belt status.  According to the wiring diagrams in
Dan Master's book, four wires were used:
Black/slate stripe,
Black/red stripe,
Black/blue stripe,
Black/brown stripe.
There is also probably a black wire for ground.

These wires should leave the harness (at least the ones for the LH seat) 3
or 4  feet behind the connector.   The seat belt wires on earlier models
that had the seat belt sensors were green & light green.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, OH
76 TR6 (at paint shop)
68 TR250 (next project - new paint)
70 TR6 (all the parts in a pile ready to assemble)