Re: TR Front Suspension Lubricants??

To: sanborn@net1plus.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR Front Suspension Lubricants??
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:49:30 EST
Brian...the urethane bushings I purchase at a MOSS sale (Prothane, red, by
description) came with a sticky Teflon grease which I am using. I don't think
the blue marine grease will bother urethane. It seems impervious to just
about everything.

Before installing any (and all) of the bushings on the 250 I finger-honed
(easy now) the bores in the arms (front and rear) with Wet or Dry paper.
First with an 800 grit to get the rubber left-behinds and then with a 1500 to
smooth out. Worked just fine. I made sure I honed in the same direction the
bushings would pivot. That is to say...around the circumference not across
it. Hope this makes sense....

Larry Morrison
TR250 in Colorado