RE: Using a Spitfire frame on a GT6: Need help for Rotoflex mount s!

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Using a Spitfire frame on a GT6: Need help for Rotoflex mount s!
From: "WILSON,Todd (Dewrsb)" <Todd.Wilson@dewrsb.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:36:56 +1100 (EST)
Hi Listers,

Jonathan Franks asked on the Spitfire List about the exact mounting
locations for the lower wishbone brackets on the chassis for a rotoflex
equipped GT6. I to am really keen to find this out as I need to do the same
with my Spitfire Mk3 (partly converted to GT6 running gear). I also wish to
find out what is involved in relocating the radius arm mounts inward to suit
the rotoflex installation. Do the holes exist & I just need to move the
mounting plate? If not, can anyone supply templates?

Another question, how do I tell whether the brake master cylinder is a
Spitfire or GT6 item? The one in my car is a replacement item (from Repco I
think) so the part number doesn't match with any catalogues I have. I know
this may be like asking how long is a piece of string, as measuring capacity
may be a little difficult, but any thoughts on how to progress would be
greatly appreciated.

Final question for today - pros & cons of fitting a GT6 split system brake
master cylinder to a Spitfire Mk3 with GT6 brakes.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Todd Wilson
Canberra, Australia
Spitfire Mk3 partly converted to GT6 running gear
http://www.gt6.com

Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files may
be confidential information, and may also be the subject of legal
professional privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient any use,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.