Re: Momo wheel adapter

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Momo wheel adapter
From: "WILSON,Todd (Dewrsb)" <Todd.Wilson@dewrsb.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:31:44 +1100 (EST)
Graham Stretch wrote:
> From past experience with other Triumphs the wheel fitting on a lot of
them
> is identical, Dolomite, 2000, 2500, Herald, Toledo, so it is possible that
> an adaptor for one of these would fit the TR6. Unfortunately I cannot say
> for sure as I have never owned a TR6, but I think the column is very
similar
> to a Herald in the way the controls are attached so you may be in luck. I
> suggest you try a wheel from a Spit (easy to find / borrow) if this fits
and
> the cowl is not fouled by the hub or the gap is not too big then the Momo
> boss for most of these cars should go.

>From personal experience, a Spitfire steering wheel hub will not fit a TR6.
The steering wheel hub for the 2500 sedan or the Stag will fit. Cheap way to
get a smaller steering wheel to a TR6 is to fit the Stag steering wheel (the
Stag has power steering hence doesn't require as big a steering wheel). This
probably still doesn't help with the Momo adapter though...

Cheers,
Todd Wilson
http://www.gt6.com

Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files may
be confidential information, and may also be the subject of legal
professional privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient any use,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.