Re: 3a frame painting sequence

To: wallaces@superaje.com, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 3a frame painting sequence
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 00:29:54 -0700
Jim,
My suggestion would be to sand blast the frame first paint all the
surfaces that will be boxed in with a weld through primer includung the
inside of the piece you will be welding on. Your autobody supply shop
should have weld through primers or try a welding supply. Eastwood and
Home Depot(in with the welding equipment) sell cold galvinizing compound
that can also be used as a weld through primer coat only the inner
sufaces before welding and don't inhale the fumes as the zinc will smoke
a little from these primers and the fumes are toxic. Or if you want it
to last a very long time take the whole frame to a plating shop and get
it electrogalvinized very similar in price to powdercaoting but you
still have to  paint it to look right.

Doug Hamilton
60 TR3A