Re: Logic overdrive device citronier.wanadoo.fr)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Logic overdrive device citronier.wanadoo.fr)
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 17:18:46 +0100
Many thanks to all who commented on the logic overdrive device .
The general opinion seems to be that it is not particularly useful
except for those people who sometimes forget to flip out the
overdrive before stopping .
Obviously I NEVER forget.....   :-)
So this week-end I wired up a couple of relays , changed the
overdrive switch for a double momentary-contact one and went for a
drive .
Conclusion......not much difference under normal driving conditions
as I only use overdrive in top gear .But I must admit that it was
great fun playing with all seven gears when pulling away from the
lights ,and when I forgot to flip the switch before stopping - no
problem .
I haven't followed up the Volvo red black-box lead yet . Could this
be what Revington is selling?

Thanks again

Mike Kitchener
60 TR3A TS 75178