wire wheel knock-offs

To: "Bob Rochlin" <rochlin@massed.net>
Subject: wire wheel knock-offs
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 07:38:09 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Bob Rochlin"
>    Can someone tell me the least damaging way to get two eared knock offs
off
the wheels. Lead hammer, brass hammer, wrench?  I bought the knock off
wrench
from TRF, but it looks as if it could scrach the knock offs. . I've also
read
that a lead hammer is the least damaging.    Anyone with experience?
<

Buy a rawhide hammer.  This is the least damaging of all the options that
might actually work.  (A rubber hammer will be even less hazardous to the
brass knock offs but it is not likely that it has enough mass to break
loose knock offs that are anything like tight)

I used my lead hammer on one of my brand new chrome plated brass knock-offs
and it left some smallish dents.  I quickly acquired a rawhide hammer
before proceeding with the other three.  Rawhide works better.

Dave
57 TR3 (New knock-offs)
71 TR6 (Steel wheels)
80 TR8 (Alloy wheels)