Re: Introduction (off-side/near-side) Not much lbc here! (a bit of histo

To: geohahn@azstarnet.com
Subject: Re: Introduction (off-side/near-side) Not much lbc here! (a bit of history, though)
From: Scott Bloomer <flaedersaft@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:19:06 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
The implementation in Sweden was a marvel of Scandinavian
genius. After  long informational campaign, the change took place
all at once at 1 PM on the given day. Just prior to this time,
all traffic stopped, the signals were given (church bells, sirens),
and everyone moved over to the other side of the road. I saw
a movie of the switch taken from a tall building. It bore
the typical Swedish hallmarks of level-headed careful planning
and concentrated execution.