TR250 road springs

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR250 road springs
From: "lmtr4a" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:50:00 -0500
Ed:

I did virtually the same when I replaced the stock springs on my 4A.  First
set was TRF's heavy duty rear springs (#SAH1081), which gave the car a very
good ride but gave an ugly positive camber to the rear wheels. Second set
was returning to stock grade from TRF (#216275) but that returned me to
bouncing on the bump stops at every shift. Final set and the solution to my
problem, probably yours also, was to fit a set of Moss' Uprated Rear Springs
(#670-148). Good, level ride. In both TRF's and Moss' books these numbers
are for the 4A and the 250.

On the positive side, I can now change springs blindfolded and the springs
make dandy book ends on the TR shelf of the library!!

Lou Metelko
65 TR4 IRS
54 TR2LD