Re: Clutch shaft removal ia.EDU>

To: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch shaft removal ia.EDU>
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:48:28 -0500 (EST)
Cc: KENNETH WARINGA <kcwaringa@worldnet.att.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu
I long ago faced this problem, and did the simple solution:  remove the
broken taper pin head, use a big wrench to be able to remove the remaining
piece of pin, and remove the whole assembly.  Once out of the trans case,
I assembled with a new pin, then cross-drilled a 1/4" hole through the
fork and shaft and used a 1/4" shouldered bolt.  I then disassembled the
shaft/fork, replaced it in the trans case, and reassembled.  The nut on
the 1/4" bolt was retained with locktite.  Never had another problem, and
I have done the same with each of my TR's.

Cheers.

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]