Re: Three TR6 questions?

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Bob Rochlin" <rochlin@massed.net>
Subject: Re: Three TR6 questions?
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:52:11 -0700
Bob,

Here's a couple suggestions.

> 1. How do you stretch an old tonneau cover? The one that came with my car
seems to have shrunk about an inch and a half front to back.  Anyone had
success stretching one?

Put the tonneau cover on as best you can with the front hooked up and as
many snaps as you can get on the sides and back.   Put something heavy
enough to weigh down the middle, e.g. blankets first and then books, etc.
until it sags...let it sit for a few days.  Unload the stuff, pull like
crazy to get another snap or two hooked.  Repeat the process until you can
get them all snapped.   Worked for me and I thought I'd never get it to
stretch far enough.

3. Do you pull the steering wheel hub with a three arm puller and bolts the
go into the steering wheel mounting holes?

Get an assistant to lightly (I said lightly darn it) tap the steering shaft
while you sit in the seat and pull steadily on the steering wheel.  The
rubber coupling will absorb the shock...but don't go crazy with the hammer
or your steering rack will live (or won't) to regret it.

Bud Rolofson