Re: Carbs and more Long!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carbs and more Long!
From: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:31:32 -0500
I'm with TeriAnn on this one.  I tried a set on my GT6, and yes, I never could
find a float height high or low enough to make them work, nor stop them from
sticking.  Tossed them out, put in the stock needle valves, and life is a
breeze ever since.

Moreover, I can't say I understand the point of Grose jets.  The ball bearings
"roll" (instead of "scrape") into the jet, but who in the world leaves carbs
untouched for the ... oh ... ten years it might take to make a difference?
I've also heard of a vintage racer who experienced a fun under-bonnet fire
because his Grose valves stuck open, spilling fuel onto those nice hot
manifolds.  Sheez.

--
Martin Secrest
GT6, TR6