RE: Two Zests?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Two Zests?
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:54:05 -0000

Hi Will,
        I've wondered the same thing. I've seen this car in the flesh
several times at (and on the way to) the Malvern Motoring Event - at least
I'm fairly sure it's the same car as the description, and the number plate
is certainly a VC series. I thought at first that this was the legendary
"Fury" prototype, until I was shown a photograph of the Fury and realised
that it was not the same car. This one is certainly built on a seperate
chassis, though which flavour I couldn't tell you as I am no expert on TRs.
The rear end arrangement is slightly odd and in fact looks unfinished. There
is a Kamm tail with a very severe recess - the rear lights are arranged as 3
seperate lights in a horizontal row on each side. The lights themselves are
similar if not the same as the small generic Lucas units used as indicators
on Minis and early Spitfires.
        So what is it? I don't know. It's certainly a very handsome car from
most angles. Like yourself I'd be very interested to find out more,
        Cheers,
                Bill (the other William Davies!)

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupe Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupe
=====U==============U=====  1960 Herald 948 Saloon 100% Original
 | |                  | |   1961 Herald 1200 Coupe
 |_|                  |_|   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/triumph_herald