Re: Clutch questions

To: Susan Tucker <sltucker1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch questions
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:45:03 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Susan,

I have read all the replies and have nothing to add. But here are some of my
experiences.
It seems that your pressure plate is not  traveling far enough from the clutch
disc. Do replace the flex-hose if you have any doubt about is age. Sometimes
they get oil on them which causes them to age rapidly.
Even if your taper pin has sheered, you still should be able to adjust enough
travel and this wouldn't be affected by heat. I would make sure the system is
bleeded 100%. If all else fails, I would rebuild the slave cylinder, and
replace the flex hose just to be sure and re-bleed.  Cant hurt, not too
expensive. I rebuilt my slave cylinder a few years back and you would be amazed
how dirty the inside of that cylinder was. Remember that is a dirty area, Oil,
road dirt etc. It has been my experience that this sort of problem is caused by
something related to hydraulics.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V