Re: Unbalanced Brakes

Subject: Re: Unbalanced Brakes
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:40:41 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Scott :

Flex lines sound like the most likely culprit, especially if you were
able to move both pistons in the LH caliper while changing pads.  Severe
front end mis-alignment might cause the problem, but IMO you would've
seen abnormal tire wear by now.

Note that either right or left flex line might be your problem (replace
them both).

The early and late calipers use the same diameter piston (although the
pistons don't interchange), so should exert equal braking effort.

Randall