Re: TR6 Steering wheel bushing - The Quick Dirty Wrong Way to Do It

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Steering wheel bushing - The Quick Dirty Wrong Way to Do It
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 09:25:10 -0700
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
From: "David Massey"

I guess the only question is, is there room in the column to push the old
one down further or is there a step in the ID that will act as a stop?  If
the ID is smooth all the way down then I guess you could line bushings all
the
way down and make the steering really tight!

either end before you'd run out of room.   The ID on my steering column
would allow it.

(Sort of like the slot in the back of the medicine cabinet for old razor
blades that just lets them fall in the wall cavity.  What happens when the
cavity fills up?  Could happen in, oh, about 1000 years)

about  2-3 inches of razor blades between the studs where the "deposit slot"
was.  At the five foot level of the slot that'd be about 1000-1500 years.
Pretty good guess Dave!!

Bud