Re: Is Triumph coming Back???

To: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is Triumph coming Back???
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:35:13 -0700
"Bowen, Patrick" wrote:

> While you are right it does not cost a fortune to register a trademark, it
> does cost money.  With the biggest point being, why NOW.  BMW has owned
> Triumph for over 6 years and has not bothered to do anything.  Hmmm, they
> sell off their unwanted scraps and now they register it.  Maybe I am a bit
> into anylizing corporate psychology, but people do things for a reason.

Okay, but large corporations sometimes do things arbitrarily. <g> And
often there is *no good reason* for a a corporations actions. Could
have been a deadline like another trademark expiring, could have been
routine procedure, could have been a miscommunication between a
manager and secretary on a Friday afternoon. Or lawyers trying to meet
their "important looking document filing" quotas for the month.* <g>

Of course, BMW kept the Mini too, and with MG already a viable concern
they might be interested in keeping TR alive in case they want a
comparable, low cost 2 seater that doesn't cannibalize their Z-series cars.
>From what I hear about the Mini's quality, that wouldn't necessarily be a
bad thing.

*apologies to lawyers on the list; some of my best friends are lawyers.
--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO