Dizzy Advance

To: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Dizzy Advance
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:04:47 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Bill & Skip Pugh
>This is probably a "duh" question to the list gurus, but is there any
way to check if the vacuum advance is working properly on the Lucas
Dizzy (57 TR3)??
<

Yes there is a method but it sucks.

Seriously, you can check for a ruptured diaghram by attaching hose to the
port and sucking on it.  If you can continue to suck wind, er, air you have
a leak.  I have pulled enough vacuum (yeah, I really suck) to affect the
timing on my TR6 once.  (I was younger then) But if you want to verify the
advance curve you will need calibrated equipment.

Good luck

Dave Massey
57 TR3 TS18010
71 TR6