Re: Herald 1200 Convertible Flags

To: <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Herald 1200 Convertible Flags
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:22:39 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Thanks Leon-
I have had several similar replies, but yours seems to be the most informed,
although all have been pretty close to your mark. I don't know why, but I
just started to wonder about that the other day, and figured someone here
might know.

On the subject of repro vs. original flags- mine are both originals, I am
happy to say. Is it possible to easily polish the brass and clear lacquer it
to keep the shine, or should I just enjoy the patina of dimly green brass?
Both are, of course, removed at the moment during the body restoration, and
for safe keeping are sharing a spot of honor atop my monitor, so when I
write, I have them directly above the screen.

As to the nautical meanings, that does sound apropos for a Lucas equipped
oil deposit distribution system such as the Herald, doesn't it...But, I hope
to cure her ills over the next few months, and be able to renew her
pennants, and charge on boldly.

Thanks for the reply,
Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible

PS- Here's another iron for the fire- What IS the Triumph badge (as on the
front grille and the horn push) supposed to be? Wings, or an open
Service/Parts manual?

Scott
as above noted :)