Re: Philosophy

To: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Philosophy
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 10:17:49 -0500
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Randall Young
>While I agree wholeheartedly with your other comments, I disagree with
this one.  Racecars change over time, as you've so well illustrated, a
car at the end of it's successful career is unlikely to have many parts,
if any, in common with the 'same' car at the beginning of it's career.
<

I agree with Randall.  Take for example Ted's TR8 race car.  It left the
factory as a "body in white."  A potential buyer might look at it and say
"What is THIS?!!  You put an ENGINE in it!!!"

The historical value of a campaigned car is as it was campaigned.

Now, if a car started out the season winning and after an engine swap it
started loosing a person might be tempted to ask "um, where's the other
engine?"  ;-)

Dave