Re: Head Identification

To: "Mark Meany" <mark@basecamp.mv.com>, " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Identification
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 00 12:51:04 -0800
>A question: I'm trying to ascertain what cylinder head I have on my 4A which
>appears to be a hodge podge of various models.

I did some research on cylinder heads a bunch of years ago. I have it in
my personal web site:

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

You will find a link under Triumphs on the recent changes page and in the
Triumph contents page

> The casting number which I've
>seen on other heads in between the spark plugs has been obliterated
>(probably intentionally). The part number which appears to be stamped at the
>top RH side on edge next to the manifold is 305225.

I've talked to a lot of people & looked at over fifty heads (when I was
researching them) and never could a correlation between head types and
the cast numbers.

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.