Re: First Start

To: Justin Paxton <justin@Bexel.com>
Subject: Re: First Start
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 12:42:56 -0700
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Justin, you should spin the engine a few revolutions before connecting the coil
wire in order to prime the oil pump.

After starting the car, run it for about 20 minutes at about 2000 rpm in order
to run the cam in.  After that if everything is ok you
should be able to feel good about the rebuild.

I always like to check the head bolts for the correct torque after running it
while it is still hot.  In most cases they are then out
of spec.

Regards,
Joe