Re: Churchill tools / Hub Puller

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: Churchill tools / Hub Puller
From: Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:17:42 -0800
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Absolutely.  You have to remove remove the bolts behind the backing plate
that hold the axle bearing housing.  After that, the axle slides right out
in your hands.  The axle seal is a BITCH to get out.  I was going to invent
a special tool to do it, but I just hacked the shit out of it.  Be careful
not to score where it seats against the end of the axle tube.  Don't forget
the seal on the bearing housing.  It should be replaced at the same time.
Note which direction it goes when you take it out, and get a block of wood
to drive it in straight and flush.  If you have any questions, feel free to
call me on my cell: 626-484-9191.
THX: JP