RE: Can one "pull start" a TR7 w/AT?

To: "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Can one "pull start" a TR7 w/AT?
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 13:42:02 -0800
Many, many years ago, in the dead of winter in an uneated CHICAGO area
garage I was despertately trying to get the tranny back into my TR-4A after
a rebuild needed because of a Layshaft failure and prior to a big date that
evening. I struggled and struggled and sweated and panted and cursed the
fates and moaned and groaned and still could not get the damn thing to slide
all the way into the shaft bushing behind the flywheel. Time was running
short and I thought the only thing to do was give up and light up a big fat
doobie. I put an 8 track into the deck...Traffic...Low Spark of High Heeled
Boys and lit the spliff and lightened up considerably and decided what the
heck...one more time. That bloody tranny slid into place like a greased pig
before the song was over. Relaxed and singing along to more of the current
tunes got everything bolted in and buttoned up within the next hour. Made my
date which had a very satsfactory conclusion in a warm and comfy place.
Whether or not the 7 will start with a tow or push I recommend not giving up
the Maui Wowie in any case. Sometimes things go better with toke!

Deano