RE: Heavy front sway bar

To: "'Alan@roverworks.com'" <Alan@roverworks.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Heavy front sway bar
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:04:13 -0500
I'll bet you are in for some Custom Construction here...   Most of the sway
bars I've seen attach to the underside of the front bumper brackets,  and a
1" bar would certainly have enough rigidity to tear those little weenie
brackets right off. I made up some frame mounted brackets to avoid this,
although at present I have a rather thin bar,,,  about 9/16".   And 1" is
going to have an awful lot of anti-roll capacity, considering the relatively
short arms  you will probably end up with.   I'd suggest building an
adjustable one,  ala the open wheeled racer style.  They are basically 3
separate elements, consisting of a front cross bar and two adjustable
'arms'.  If I can find a good illustration of one I'll post it later...
regards,
        Bob Westerdale
        59 3A  TS36967