Re: Humble reply to Her Majesty - (non LBC, rant, long -hopefully object

To: mporter%zianet.com%CCG@com
Subject: Re: Humble reply to Her Majesty - (non LBC, rant, long -hopefully objective)
From: naldous@ccgmail.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:21:16 -0500 2000) at 11/28/2000 01:19:33 PM
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Yeah.  Besides the first thread that said the French were Devil Spawn and
they think of us Yanks as sewer scum, most of what I said was just to liven
things up a little and make life more interesting.

People everywhere, especially in great nations such as the US, UK, and
France to name a few have seemingly become complacent in their soft lives
easy lives.  Just look at our presedential election.  Most people turn the
TV on, check to see if there's been a decision, get bored and then turn the
channel to "Ally McBeal".
My statements were inflammatory, generalized, and mostly just to get some
people to answer and defend their beliefs.  I was hoping for somebody to
say,"Well you Americans are pushy assholes".  Or whatever.
And yes one would probably have  to meet every person in that nation to
make judgemnt of the people.  But alas, it doesnt happen that way. People
make judgements, usually from first impressions or what has been told by
our parents/grandparents.  Maybe this is wrong but it is human nature.
I read an email, something popped in my mind and I spoke on it.  Get over
it.
I am fully aware that this list is to talk about Triumphs and there are
other avenues for discussions such as this but damn it has been dreadfully
boring and this thread on snaps for softtops is been talked to death soooo
much it was driving me nuts.  Lets talk about engines, or suspensions or
something.

As for my comments on the wars.  I guess I get some of that from my PRO IRA
Irish Grandpa who survided D-Day, My Father and Step Father who fought in
Vietnam and my hippie Mother.  I honestly apologize if I offended any one
out there who fought in one of these wars.  Front line war is nothing like
what I experienced in the Marines in IRAQ straffing hundreds of jr
terrorists in my gunship.  Killing is killing I guess.

As for my use of language, I was just talking in terms that regular ol
people can understand.  I don't need big words to bring across my opinions.
People have their own opinions of Americans and what I say here has no
relevance to what they think we are really like. Just easy rhetoric.

Ashamed?  Nah.   Embarass my country?  hardly.  What's shameful and
embarassing is watching the pissing match on tv about these two assholes
spending millions of tax payers dollars whining about who gets dibbs on the
treehouse.

You should just unpucker your ass and realize that not everyone has the
same opinions as you.  This is a free world and America is a free country,
if you don't like what I have to say, hit the delete key.

All I have left to say is what I heard a Brit from the coalition forces say
to me in a mess tent turned desert cantina right before I kicked the livin
shit out of him and his 2 buddies, "BUGGER OFF."

"Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com> on 11/28/2000 01:04:51 PM