Re: Brake lines

To: dorcutt@total.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake lines
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:01:55 EST
In a message dated 00-11-19 17:24:58 EST, dorcutt@total.net writes:

<<
 Looking for information on replacement brake lines for my 75 TR 6.  The
 winter project is to replace them, in the process of removing them have
 already broken one as expected.  Question is what do I replace them with?
 Can I make them myself, are there any direct replacements.  I see two
 different kind of flanges and not sure if there is a tool that will do both.
  Looking for some feedback from some of you have been there, seen it and
 done it before I start.   >>

David,

Check with TRF.  They sell individual brake lines cut to length, with the
correct flares and fittings installed.  All you have to do is bend them to
fit.  Easy enough to do by hand, or for a more professional looking job, buy
a cheap tubing bender at the local parts store.  Remove the old lines and use
them as a pattern to make the proper bends in the new ones.  Easy AND fun!!

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA