Fuel Leak...Summary

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Leak...Summary
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:32:42 -0800
>Casper (57 TR-3), has a very small fuel leak where the fuel line from
>the tank attaches to the fuel pump...I tried wrapping the threads
>with teflon tape, but it still leaks...just a little, but still
>annoying/dangerous?.  I think I read here that there was teflon
>"paste"??.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for the many replies, I have since cut off the old pipe,
replaced the compression bushing and just to be on the safe side
coated the threads with Loctite PST (pipe sealant with teflon) and of
course partially stripping the threads of the fuel pump housing, I
removed that, carefully tapped the old threads carefully threaded the
fuel pipe back into the housing, reassembled everything
and....VIOLA!!  No more leak.  Which goes to prove the wise old
saying that " Even A Blind Hog finds an acorn now and then" <G>

Thanks to all who replied

--
Bill Pugh
aka Wily