TR6 Windshield With Frame Removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Windshield With Frame Removal
From: AndyJS1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 18:59:01 EST
Other than a cutting torch, can anyone please share some ideas on how to
remove the windshield frame from the car?  I followed the Bentley manual and
it looks like the mounting brackets stay on the car (loosened) and the frame
should pull up from them.  Probably,  but I certainly hope not, the posts are
rusted to the brackets.  I used a brass headed mallet to try to tap the posts
out of the brackets to no visible effect.  Also, I ran a putty knife under
the seal and broke it loose.  So, that should not be a problem.  Thanks in
advance.

Andy Schwarz
Renton, WA
70 TR6