RE: Fw: Request to join CTRIUMPH denied

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fw: Request to join CTRIUMPH denied
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 12:03:50 -0600
Phil Ethier wrote:

>1)  I have no idea why the moderator of
>CTRIUMPH would deny my request to join.
>2)  I have no idea what CTRIUMPH is, nor
>any recollection of attempting to join it.

And Trevor Boicey suggested that:

>  CTRIUMPH *MAY* be a semi-private list just
>set up by a couple of guys. I have a local
>list on my server just for a few friends
>and our british cars.

Indeed. The description of "CTRIUMPH" on the eGroups site indicates that
it's a so-called "Restricted membership" group:

"CTRiumph is the communications vehicle for
members of the Connecticut Triumph Registry.
A car club of Triumph owners and lovers of
the TR marque who are interested in
'Continuing the Legend.......!'"

Jim Hill
Madison WI