Re: The long road back TR3 marking on engine

To: "Dave Brackin" <dbrackin@charter.net>, "suhring" <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>, "Drew Rogge" <drew@pixar.com>
Subject: Re: The long road back TR3 marking on engine
From: "Rob @ Maggie Robertson" <robandmaggier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 21:43:38 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mine has TR with the 3 written under it on the manifold side of the block,
in a kind of reddish paint. It almost looks as though someone wrote it with
their finger, the paint being heavier along the edges of the stroke. Mine is
TS 25054 and the engine # is TS25441E. That's original according to the
build certificate. I didn't repaint the block since it didn't look that bad
and because I presumed the marking was slapped on by some bloke at the
engine assembly plant. Thought it was kind of quaint or something. Jon Mac,
you know any body with a fat reddish kind of looking finger over there?
Rob in Seattle