Re: Pro Blend - 40 Below

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pro Blend - 40 Below
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:27:35 -0700
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
At 11:01 AM -0700 9/26/00, Barry Schwartz wrote:
>Listers -
>Has anybody heard of use this product (pro blend, 40 Below).  I was at a
>gathering of British car nuts at a friends house for his wedding
>anniversary a couple of weekends back, and the subject of overheating (go
>figure) came up.  An individual mentioned that his buddy with a chronically
>overheating Jag E type that resides in the San Bernardino area (again, go
>figure) used this stuff in the cooling system and noticed a big
>improvement.  It's *supposed* to lower the temps by up to 40 degrees, but
>again I've herd that before (water wetter, didn't do a thing for me, and
>that was without any antifreeze as they say for best results).  The
>instructions (basically for street driven cars) are

Sounds like the instructions for Redline's "Water Wetter".  They
don't make claims like -40 degrees,but on their website do a
comparison of various mixes of anti-freeze, plain water and Water
Wetter, the best combination turns out to be 10% anti-freeze, Water
Wetter and water. Not sure how this would hold up in colder climates
but it seems to work quite well here in Northern California, where it
has been known to get down to around 20F, of course much warmer in
the Garage.
--
Bill & Skip Pugh
Two@Home