Re: Triumph on Speedvision

To: naldous@ccgmail.com
Subject: Re: Triumph on Speedvision
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:19:24 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, tmccis@revealed.net
naldous@ccgmail.com wrote:

> does any body have the incar video for us to see?
>
> "Rich Scotti" <Rich@Scotti.com>@autox.team.net on 09/21/2000 11:36:37 AM
>
> Please respond to "Rich Scotti" <Rich@Scotti.com>
>
> Sent by:  owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
>
> To:   "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <MRobe33243@aol.com>
> cc:   <TexasTR4@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>
> Subject:  Re: Triumph on Speedvision
>
> The artical is still there it is just not featured at the top of the list.
> You have to click on the artical about Jaguar featured at Elkert. Here is a
> link
> http://www.speedvision.com/pub/articles/classics/01road/200919a.html

Well, I don't quite know how to make it available. It is so time-consuming
copying the tape onto another tape that my son Tony just doesn't have time to
do it. Maybe the reason for that is, the whole tape includes a half hour of
footage of my heroic drive in the afternoon race, running lap times below the
lap record of the era of the car, during which I vanquished a number of cars
including a pesky Volvo and a (cheer) Porsche, among others. And, I would force
you to watch all that just to get to the roll-over.  Perhaps the most
entertaining moment of the whole thing is after the car comes to rest, Tony is
panting, trying to get his breath and unscramble his brain, the big cloud of
dust is slowly blowing away, the corner workers are yelling "Is the driver
okay? Is the driver okay?" and Tony says, "Well........this sucks!" You've got
to know Tony to fully appreciate this. Of course, I not only know him, but love
him very much.

Seriosuly, is there a good way to do it?

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 and being rebuilt