Re: Road and Track

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, gpetrola@prairienet.org
Subject: Re: Road and Track
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:06:22 GMT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
>To: "Gregory Petrolati" <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
>CC: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: Road and Track
>Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:58:23 +0100
>
>Greg Petrolati wrote:
>The Brits have a word for what we do regarding our
>     LBCs... We're car "train spotters". We car "geeks"
>     are the ones keeping the flame burning. Thanks to
>     technology, we can still stay in touch.
>
>And of course, we should. But sorry, Greg - I have to take issue with you
>on the
>collective noun allocation. It's variable according to the degree of
>commitment.
>
>Category #1 - "Enthusiasts"

>Category #2 - "Committed enthusiasts"

>Category #3 - "Anoraks"

>Category #4 - "Bloody anoraks"

>I come into category #1
>
>Jonmac

   Ah, John... I know I fit totally in group #1 on the "Macarney
   Scale"... To my friends involved in my weakness we ALL are Group
   #1s. Ask my wife... and I'm a Group #2, 3 or 4, depending on her
   mood the phase of the moon or a host of other conditions. I wouldn't
   want to imagine where my co-workers would place me on the scale...

   My mother well she has a scale all of her own for my idiosyncracies.

   Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)