Spit in Parade With Street Rods:)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit in Parade With Street Rods:)
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 08:25:44 EDT
List,

I couldn't resist entering the Spit in a local town's traditional street
rod/muscle car parade & show yesterday....what a hoot!

I was sandwiched in line for the 2 mile parade behind a Chevy Nova that was
jacked up so high that his rear bumper matched my windscreen and in front of
a more sedated '68 Olds 442.  Turns out there were 5 LBCs, including my Spit
and the town mayor's MG TD which led the parade.

Highpoints for me were many of the moms & dads in the crowd actually telling
their kids that my car was a Triumph (as opposed to an MG) eventhough a few
called it a TR3 and one guy yelled out that it was a "Triumph something"!
But the real hoot came when I was stopped in front of a local biker bar
during the parade and the unruly crowd insisted that I "light it up".  Ha,
ha....picture a 1296 cc "lighting up" the asphalt....I said don't be fooled
by that GT6 bonnet..there's a 4 under there...didn't help appease the crowd
but thankfully we moved forward and the monster Chevelle 2 cars back gave
them what they wanted to see.  Now, if I had a 4.3L Chevy V6 under the
bonnet......

Oh well, it was fun...kinda gave the locals a look at some LBCs they hadn't
seen before.

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (basking in the sun!)