Re: wire wheel tubes

To: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@cruzers.com>, <erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wire wheel tubes
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:01:28 -0500
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>

>But these days the XZX tyre is the only 165/15 tyre you can get off the
>shelf at your local Michlin dealer.  These tyres wear well but they are
>not performance tyres by any stretch of the imagination.  These tyres
>don't hold well on tight corners and their reaction to full accelleration
>is to spin and dance the rear of the Triumph around.  It looks cool but
>doesn't do much for accelarating out of a tight curve.  Though it is a
>good tyre for people who do light touring and show circuits and want a
>tyre that lasts forever.

I can't find a manyufacturer name on my tires.  Yes, I know that if I cared
enough, I could look for a DOT number and track them down.  I don't care
that much.  Anyhow, they appear to be some sort of fake Michelin in 165-15.
They are hard as rocks.  I actully smoked one leaving a traffic light in
Waco.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban, 1962 Triumph TR4
"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster" - 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a
bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.