GRM 2001 Challenge

To: "Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GRM 2001 Challenge
From: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 08:25:50 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Did anyone on the list take part in the $1500 challenge that Grassroots
Motorsports held a few months ago? We work on Triumphs and MGs and have a
very nice 69 GT6 with a souped up engine that would make a nice entry, a
couple of the guys in the local Brit car club said they would help build it
for January's event. I am sure we can come up with a really nice car,
everything is pretty nice on the car, add some stiff shocks, some used
panasports, some used slicks, weld a roll bar, some acrylic 1 part and who
knows we might stand a chance. My concern is once it's done the rules state
that someone can buy it if they like it for $2001, this keeps people honest.
Seems like a lot of work to sell for $2001, maybe I should look at it as the
price to pay for having a weekend of fun. I wonder how many cars were
purchased at $1500 this year?

Jack Levy