Re: aftermarket electric fuel pump - North American listers

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: aftermarket electric fuel pump - North American listers
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 23:40:26 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, September 04, 2000 10:38 PM

>Aribert :
>
>I bought a pump from Whitney many years ago, it appeared to be identical to
>Facet, but did not bear the Facet name.  I used it for several years (on a
>non-LBC) with good luck.  Last summer, I dusted it off again, and it's now
on
>the gen set in my old motorhome.  Still works perfect.
>
>I believe they come in different pressure ratings.  For a LBC, you probably
>want the low pressure version,

Yes.  SU and Weber carbs do not like high pressure.  I was spitting raw fuel
out of my side-draft Weber.

>or else a pressure regulator (which Whitney also
>sells).

Get the right pump the first time and don't mess with the regulators.
That's how I got in trouble with the Lotus.  The correct low-pressure Facet
solved all the pressure and flow problems that plagued the Weber carb.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban, 1962 Triumph TR4