Re: Brake Fluid DOT 4 or 5?

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid DOT 4 or 5?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:00:43 -0700
Cc: "musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tony,
I have not noticed that in Tiny Tim.  One question:  Did you replace the rubber
brake hoses when changing to DOT 5.  They may have been
weakened to start with and adding the DOT 5 fluid might make them tend to
balloon and therefore lead to that spongy feel.  I have
braided stainless hoses on both my Spits and the pedal is solid on each one.
Huxley is running Dot 4 and Tiny Tim is running DOt 5.

JOe