RE: Cost for bodywork

To: "'bstinocher@unipres.com'" <bstinocher@unipres.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Cost for bodywork
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:54:50 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Can he supply some examples of his fine work?  There is such a thing as a
$2500 prep/paintjob, the question is whether that is what he intends to
deliver....   Not wishing to offend-but did you do bodywork/rustoration that
is in the same league as a 2500 paintjob?  No sense gilding a sows ear, if I
may juxtapose....
Bob Westerdale
59 3A TS36967E

List,

Question. I have spent this spring/summer in doing bodywork on my TR250. I
didn't think that the car was that bad, but you know how that goes once you
start delving into doing things. ;-)   Anyway, I had a guy come over and
look at
my bodywork. I thought I was about 95% done, and wanted someone to finish up
and
paint the car. He looked at it and said that there is still a lot to do
(ouch,
my ego!), but that he would finish up all the work and paint it for $2,500.
OUCH! I wasn't looking to spend that much. My wife thought it is a fair
price.
I'm not sure. What is the going rate to make a car look really straight?

Thanks.