Altitude & VTR2001

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Altitude & VTR2001
From: "Michael Cline" <mcline@substrates.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:28:47 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
> From the "It never hurts to look ahead" department.
>
> Considering that the elevation of Breckenridge
> Colorado is 9600 feet - it is with not a whole lot of
> risk that I predict that there'll be much talk on this
> list about tuning Triumphs for high altitude next
> August.
>
> Just a hunch...
>
> Joe Merone
> CF18928

The Rocky Mountain Triumph Club regularly drives over mountain passes of
11,000 - 12,000 feet! We can even direct you to the highest paved road in
America at around 14,000 feet. My point is, we drive at these altitudes all
the time. You car will be down on power but it will run fine. DON'T let the
altitude scare you.

I can guarantee that over the next 6 months you will all be experts at "high
altitude tuning." We will be putting tons of information on our web site
(www.vtr2001.com) in the near future. From tuning recommendations to repair
shops in the area....we will leave no question unanswered.

I will be spending the full week in Breckenridge. A little golf, bike
riding, fishing, alpine slide, horse riding, etc. followed by the VTR
events. What a great week!

If anyone has questions I would be happy to answer them with the help of the
many RMTC members that participate on this list.

Mike Cline
Denver, CO
71 TR6, 73 Stag, 81 TR7, 76 TVR