Re: TR4A Woes - long

To: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A Woes - long
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 00 09:41:51 -0700
>I've never tried Grose jets, but I've heard from several people that
>reported problems somewhat similar to yours 'went away' after they
>switched back to the stock float valves.

I tried Grose jets back when I owned an MGBGT.  The one on the front carb
would stick open frequently right after starting the engine.  I whacked
on the top of the SU with my hammer and it would behave the rest of the
trip.  Wish I could say that for the SU electric fuel pump.  I had to
beat it into submission fairly frequently, even after changing points.

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.