Re: Flywheel Botls and Locknuts

To: "Bob Lang" <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: Flywheel Botls and Locknuts
From: "Michael Singleton" <one_ton3@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:54:20 -0700
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
For a final word on the fastening of flywheels to crankshafts, I would
recommend Carroll Smith's book "Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners and Plumbing
Handbook," Page 93 and Page 116 on the use of locktabs. To summarize, He
doesn't like locktabs, won't allow their use, and if one must use them,
never, never re-use them. Safety wire, on the other hand is your friend,
learn to use it, and then use it frequently and everywhere.

Naturally, this information moves from the recommended to the critical list
if you are racing!!!!!

Good luck,
Michael Singleton