Re: Car Top Repair

To: tom_winslow@email.msn.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Top Repair
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 14:10:13 EDT
In a message dated 05-Aug-00 11:08:45 Eastern Daylight Time,
tom_winslow@email.msn.com writes:

> I have a 'slit' about two (2) inches long in my black top. I am looking for
>  some help as to the best way to do this repair. It seems that someone
should
>  have a matching tape for the outside and some type of inner seal.
>
>  The slit is on the side do leaking should be less of an issue.
>
>  Is there something like that available? What does everyone else do?
>
>  tw

There are some new products on the market which will seal the outside without
tape.  I used one that I got at Walmart ("Tear Repair" by Power Poxy) for my
dash .  It is colorless and you cannot see the repair at all.

 However you will need to get the edges of the tear together.  Suggest you
get a good top shop to patch the inside as unobtrusively as possible by
gluing a like colored patch in there.  That will get the edges together and
then you can run a seam on the outside.  Hope that helps.  cheers.

Art Kelly