RE: TR3 O/D Speedo Cable Angle Drive

Subject: RE: TR3 O/D Speedo Cable Angle Drive
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:30:34 -0700
Dave :

When using the angle drive, the cable does not route through the handbrake
boot, but instead runs forward (and down a little) alongside the
transmission.  Since the angle drives are somewhat troublesome, I would
suggest leaving it off of your TR3B (if you have the right speedo cable).

It worked fine for me on a previous TR3A that I added a TR4 OD to.  AFAIK,
the speedo attachment point on the OD was identical for all the A-type ODs.

Randall
59 TR3A

On Thursday, June 29, 2000 6:03 PM, David Moag [SMTP:moag@ix.netcom.com]
wrote:

> Hello listers,
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble trying to use the angle drive for the speedo
on
> my overdrive (A type, probably late TR4). The problem is that with the
angle
> it comes off at, there is no way I can see getting the speedo cable to
route
> down through the handbrake boot and under the car along it's merry path.
No