Cleaning tires

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cleaning tires
From: dncullig@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:00:17 -0400
Hello List -
         I'll not ask the age old question "What size tires should I put on
my
TR6" since I've already bought a set of 205/65/HR15 Pirelli P6000s. My
question is, how do I get them clean?  They seem to have some sort of
almost wax-like coating on them that won't come off.  I've tried soap and
water, Simple Green, ammonia, laquer thinner and adhesive remover -
nothing works.  I did try just putting some ArmorAll on them and they look
better, but I'd rather clean them up.  Any other ideas?  Thanks.

PS - they are already mounted, balanced and on the car, so dipping them
in something will be a bit difficult.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U(O)  - TR6IUMPH / Highland,NY
                          DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM
     See www.britsofthehudson for information about our car club